While an inventory of completed rods are available HERE if one is interested in a more personal customization, look no further! Please peruse options below in order to get a feel for what is possible.
1) Rod Blanks- This is the most important consideration. Blanks range from slow to fast action. Fiberglass blanks tend to have a slower, more smooth action. Older generation graphite blanks (im6, im7, im8) tend to cast slower than many of the newer graphites. I can help you choose the right blank for whatever your application or you can choose to have your rod built on a tried and true name brand blank. I can find blanks from:
Temple Fork Outfitters
And many more…
Important considerations include blank material, length, line weight, action, and color.
2) Grip- I use quality cork grips turned by proof and employ a wide variety of different shaped grips to ensure optimal performance of your fly rod. Contact me if you’re interested in wood or burl cork grips as well.
3) Reel Seat- Options are many. Available materials include various wood, cork, or metal (aluminum) options with chrome, black, or black nickel hardware. Up locking, down locking, and sliding band seats all distribute the weight of a reel differently and we can work to ensure your new rod will perform as desired.
4) Guides, Tip Top, and Hook Keeps- All are available in chrome, black, or black nickel. Ive began using Snake Brand Guides as the are the industry standard in terms of quality. They are available in chrome and black nickel. A wide array of stripping guides are available as well.
5) Threads- The thread wraps are what really bring a rod together. I can use any color of thread and many different colors of metallic thread to add striking accents to your fly rod. See pictures below for decorative options.
6) Labels- My hand writing is atrocious. As such I design labels upon request and at an additional charge. Otherwise rods come to you clean and without label. If a label from the blank manufacturer is available and desired it will be included.
7) Case Options- Both soft sock style and tube style cases are included with custom rod purchases. Tubes are aluminum or fiberglass upon request.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions and let’s get started on your new fly rod today!!!